Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Time to Celebrate

We have offically entered into the busiest birthday time of the year - which is the start to just a very busy few months! Brenden will be 11 on the 14th, but due to football practice and games we decided to have his party a little ahead of schedule. The last weekend od August we packed up a total of 5 5th grade boys and headed to Okoboji for the weekend. We were lucky enough to be able to rent a very nice, new private cabin at our favorite resort for everyone to stay in. The weekend was spent hanging out in the waterpark, watching the boys run like crazy kids outside, playing Wii & watching movies. In all I think everyone had a pretty good weekend! It was our first experience with so many kids (and our last!) This weekend we will be having cake & ice-cream with the family.





Next week is my birthday.. (my 25th for several years running), also thrown in the mix for the month are several of dougs immediate family and one of my most fantastic friends! September always seems like the month that all the craziness begins. Before we know it, Halloween will be here, soon followed by Thanksgiving, Christmas and Carson's 2nd birthday! This time of year I take a deep breath and pray that I can get everything done in time!

Carson went to the doctor yesterday due to a lovely cold that decided to attack. Doctor says he will be fine as long as it doesn't turn into ear infections and just to wait it out. We finally asked about his speech (or lack of it) and if we should be worried. The doctor seemed concerned when we explained how few words he says but how many noises he makes (proving that he isn't just a "quiet kid"). He said if something doesn't change in the near future (by 2 1/2) that we will be looking into speech therapy and hearing tests. I was really scared at first but the more that I think about it - I think he is just lazy and we are too! We don't force him to use words and all of us seem to talk for him. I am making an effort to change our behavior and hope that it changes his! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Good luck! I'm sure everything will be just fine.