Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sorry I asked for cooler weather!

News Flash... FALL HAS BEEN CANCELLED! \
What was I thinking asking for cooler weather in my last post? Yesterday it was a pleasent 75 degrees.. Sunday it will be a chilly 36 degrees with SNOW! Can you believe that..SNOW! What Happened to Fall? For that matter what happened to Summer? We had some really nice days but not enough and not as many as usual. I have decided that Global Warming doesn't exisit and until I get some decent weather I will continue this belief!
Luckily we have already bought the boys winter jackets, hats and gloves, so they are ready for the artic air. Unfortunatley it is still football season for Brenden, so we will be freezing on the sidelines for a few more weeks! :( I didn't go to last weeks games - it was just too cold for Carson (and me) to be outside. He was really sick with a nasty flu the week before, so I am going to extremes to keep him healthy for a while! If that means staying inside for the rest of the winter.. so be it.

Other than preparing to freeze, things are going well. Doug is in the middle of his first "real" semester of college and seems to be doing just as well as he did in the summer classes. I have finally been getting projects at work, which means that my hours are no longer in jeporady.. at least for the time being. I had the first parent teacher conference of the year with Brenden's teachers, which went amazingly well. All of them want to clone Brenden! His lowest grade was a 91.8%, which is a B here, but very close to an A. I was a little worried about his grades this year but apparently it was all for nothing. He started a pre-teen after school program at a local church yesterday and seems to really like it. Carson, as I said has been fighting the flu lately. It seems like once school starts, Brenden never gets sick, but brings everything home to us! I am hoping we are done with the worst of it and that the rest of the winter will be easier. Carson still isn't talking much.. well actually he is talking tons, but you can't understand most of what he says. He does have a few more words mastered but I'm still worried about how far behind he actually is. He has his 2 yr check up in December, so hopefully we will know more.
I have been struggling with the changes in my family. My mom moved out of Gene's house about a month ago and I still at odds with my feeling on it. The holidays are my favorite time of year because of the family aspect. This year I need that more than anything because I know the holidays are going to be tough without Lilly. Now, it seems that we will be doing very little with my family. I don't understand most of it really... for the most part I think it's extremely stupid actually. I am doing everything I can to make it clear that no matter what anyone thinks about it (including my grandma).. Gene and his family are still my family and always will be. He is the closest thing I have ever really had to a supportive father figure, and he is so important in Brenden's life. I can only hope that Carson will be blessed to have the same bond with him. Don't get me wrong, I want my mom to be happy..but this won't make her happy, I just wish she would see that or at least see how her actions are affecting everyone else.... ugh.. ok I am done with that subject!

Anyways.. we are gearing up for Halloween, I finally got a select number of decorations up last week and am excited to carve the pumpkins. Gene grows them so we have SO many to do! Carson is going to be a monkey this year (totally fitting) and Brenden is going to some sort of zombie skateboarder I guess. Brenden has decided that he is too old to go Trick-or-Treating with his mom and wants to hit the town with his friends. I don't know how I feel about it. I know he will be safe, that is not my concern, but I also know its the start of his independance from me. It has always been Brenden and I and it's hard knowing that he is growing up and wanting my presence less and less! I wish I could keep both of the boys little forever!

3 comments:

jon beer said...

i never thought i would get a chance to say this in response to weather complaints, but have you thought about moving to Chicago?
Anyway it's good to get an update and i hope Brenden doesn't get frostbite trying to play football out there. Feed that boy some potatoes so he can thicken up, then maybe he'll be warmer.
We definitely are looking forward to seeing you all after Christmas.

Sarah said...

Hopefully, you and Doug will make it to Chicago sometime after Christmas...it looks like everyone will be here. I love getting your updates. :) Hopefully we can see you guys soon!

Robin V said...

Hopefully the cold and snow is just a blip on the radar, and fall weather will return!