Tuesday, March 16, 2010

3 months.. in 3 paragraphs or so!

As I was reading through my previous blogs, I realized that I had not posted in MONTHS! Overall, not a horrible thing.. but those months included Carson's Birthday, Christmas and Thanksgiving!! So it's time to update!!!

First was Thanksgiving.. which we spent at my mom and Gene's pigging out! I think I have finally come to terms with the fact that I am an adult when I realized that the best part of the holidays has everything to do with family and food!!!

Next was Carson's birthday! Can you believe that I have a 2 year old now? Time has flown by! He had a great birthday party.. with lots of family and friends! We lucked out on the weather finally, so it was safe travels for all! I was so excited to watch him enjoy his cake! Last year he panicked as soon as the frosting got stuck to his fingers. This year was a whole new story.. he could not get enough!
I also happen to know a very talented woman who makes adorable clothes for kids.. so Carson got his very own "Birthday Outfit" that proudly displayed his age!


And finally Christmas.. or should I say the BLIZZARD that canceled Christmas! The snow started falling 2 days before Christmas. The forecast was bad... they said over 20 inches by the time it was done! My husband the non-believer (when it comes to forecasts at least) laughed as I started to panic, but went along with the idea of moving our "Christmas Eve" to the 23rd. That night, my mom, Gene and my Grandma came over for dinner and gifts. The plan was for all of us to head to Mom's house on Christmas day for dinner and the whole family celebration. Instead we spent Christmas Day snowed in.. while I proceeded to lose my mind. It wasn't that I had somewhere I needed to be, just that I couldn't leave that drove me crazy! The forecast had been correct.. and maybe even a little low in predictions. I think in the end there was close to 26 inches of snow! Santa, being the trooper he is managed to still make to the house! Carson has no idea who the Jolly guy is but was quite excited to get so many new toys! Brenden also loved the day...playing in the snow, opening gifts and enjoying the down time at home!
Our plan (pre-blizzard) had been to drive to Chicago the morning after Christmas. Obviously that did not happen... the roads were actually still closed and drifted shut! We did manage to get out on Sunday afternoon - as soon as the roads were opened back up and made our way to Chicago. It was a slower than normal trip.. but we made it! While we were there we spent time with the whole Beer family, which is always a good time! We also went to the Shedd Aquarium, which has been my goal for several trips! If you know me you know I have a love for marine life.. so I was in heaven and could have spent forever there! They also have a great kids area that Carson couldn't get enough of! Thank you to Dave & Joyce for the fantastic gift.. it was a fantastic day!!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I was worried you guys would be stuck at home and unable to make it to Chicago. I would've cried. For real. ;)