Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Sun is Shining!

I could hardly believe my eyes when I woke up this morning and saw sunlight coming through the windows! It feels like it has been weeks since we have seen the sunlight around here. In fact the weatherman said last night that it has been 39 days since we have had a day that was above average temperatures!! It has been a long, cold, just plain BLAH winter. But for once today, I woke up and smiled instead of groaned! I am refusing to remind myself of the fact that the forecast for tomorrow is once again cold and snowy! For today, I am enjoying the walks to the post office that don't require me to bundle up!

Our lives have been somewhat quiet lately.. but as always things are picking back up! This afternoon Doug and I are going to check out a new daycare/development center for Carson to attend. Up until this point he has been going to a home based daycare.. which has worked well for us and was very cheap too. But now, as it is becoming more obvious that he is struggling with some of his learning skills, it has become important to us, to give him every opportunity to catch up and get ahead! He is currently seeing a speech therapist once a week, which seems to be helping a little. I am hoping this new daycare will help even more as it is far ore structured and "learning" centered. Plus they break the kids up into groups based on age for a majority of the day, so hopefully he will have fun interacting with kids his own age and make some friends too!

Tonight we have parent teacher conferences for Brenden. I have always seen them as a waste of time honestly. As much as I enjoy hearing how great, kind and smart Brenden is... I already know these things!!! :)

Brenden has been so busy lately. He is still competing on a tournament basketball team.. which is what this weekend will consist of for all of us! He has also started baseball practice. This year is his first year on a traveling team.. he is so excited and we are too! I am so glad he didn't get my athletic abilities!

Well I am off to enjoy the sun while it lasts!

1 comment:

jon beer said...

This post put a smile on my face. i'm always more satisfied when i can make the decision to make the best of a day.
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.